Sunday, September 7, 2008

Simple, Complicated, wonderful love

I have to wonder why after all these bajillion years someone has not created a "user manual" that the hospital could send you home with after you have these little creatures.

First off, I can guarantee you that if anyone else on this planet choose to hurt me the way labor hurt me, I'd hate your guts. But noooo I'm convinced your children start screwing with you the day they're born. Instead of wanting to beat the hell out of that horrific, pain-causing, vomit-inducing life-form that we call our babies, when they're born.. we love them. Immensley and with every fiber in our being. Starts off pretty whacked huh???!!

Well, doesn't really get any better does it?? I remember the first time Ashton (my soon to be 18 year old) said, "I love you mommy". I bawled. It was the most horrible thing I'd ever heard in my life. You see, she had always said, "I wub you mommy". Then all of a sudden at about 3 yrs old, she's coming off with this love you crap!!! What's up with that?!?!

At least things start off slowly. They break your heart little by little so that when "I hate your guts" comes out of their mouths it doesn't hurt as bad. Which by the way, you're usually so pissed off at them anyway that when that flies out of their mouth you seriously could care less! Doesn't matter when/if my girls ever said that they didn't love me or they hated me or anything else like it, I always told them, "Doesn't matter, I still love you and there is nothing you can do about it". Of course, it's always an added bonus to return the "pissing-off" favor to them!

My girls are beautiful, wonderful, loving, caring girls. I absolutely pat myself on the back. I will tell you this; I was certain when Ashton was about 11.5-13 I wasn't sure I was going to survive. Pretty sure my friend Kat can attest to that. I even told Ashton one time, "One of us will NOT survive your growing up." I truly wasn't sure if it would be her or me, but I knew one of was NOT going to make it! lol

Now that time-frame with Ashton has paid off for dealing with Brenna. Brenna's always tending to be a later bloomer than Ashton in all respects. Even with the mouth. Sooo Brenna is now 14 and she started growing horns and frothing at the mouth at about 13. One day I just looked at her and laughed, I said, "You know what, I survived your sister and you ain't got crap on her!"

I often said my theme song when Ashton was going through "that" stage was Gloria Gaynor, I will survive.

I have, I will continue to and I will love these beautiful girls more than life itself.

Peace out girlscout!

No comments: