Monday, September 22, 2008

Songs

Okay, so I know I haven't blogged in a few days... busy time of the year for me with Marching Season and all.

I said the other day I was gonna blog about songs that piss me off!! lol Well, here we go!!

1. "I drink alone" by George Thorogood. Seriously, this song makes NO SENSE to me!!! The lyrics are: "You know when I drink alone, I prefer to be myself" As opposed to what?!?! That is one of the stupidest lines in a song! Seriously! I don't care if you are "bad to the bone" that's just annoying! lol

2. "Beast of Burden" by the Rolling Stones. Actually, in particular Mick Jagger in this song. Okay forever I had a "misheard" lyric in this song.. There's a point that says "I can suck it up" but forever I thought it said, "I can suck a duck" well, come on , it's Mick Jagger so who was I to argue that he could suck a duck! I was really bummed to find out the actual lyrics! lol

3. "Drops of Jupiter" by Train. Okay, everyone who knows me knows that I LOVE TRAIN! Most especially Pat Monahan, but they have a part in this beautiful, melodic song that says, "Could you imagine no love, pride, deep fried chicken, your best friend always sticking up for you, even when I know you're wrong". Okay, you guess which part annoys me! What is up with the freaking CHICKEN!! Was Pat hungry when writing this song??!

4. The group "Butthole Surfers". That's just annoying all by itself, forget that there music is just bad anyway. I personally, cannot nor will I surf in a butthole!

5. "Echos" by Pink Floyd. Seriously, this entire song is annoying AND 23 minutes long! Come on people, ONLY Meatloaf should record long songs, and that's just because that's all he knows how to do! lol

6. "Yellow Submarine" by the Beatles. Okay, I'm NOT a Beatles hater, as a matter of fact I like a lot of their music, but OBVIOUSLY drugs were available during the writing of this song which has about five other words than "We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine" It's just ridiculous.

Lastly, for tonight anyway;

7. "Dancing in the Dark" by Bruce Springsteen (okay, I know everyone that's reading this is freaking out because they know I am obsessed with the Boss' music and have been a life-long fan and would give both legs to meet the man) BUT.. my problem is not with the song, nor is it with Bruce. My problem is with the bitch (Courtney Cox) because in the video she gets to dance with Bruce. Therefore, I can't like her. On Principle alone people! (p.s. I'm not really a Courtney Cox hater lol)


Now mentioning that last one (#7 for all of you special people) I wanna wish Bruce a happy 59th birthday tomorrow!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRUCE!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess that's my rant for this evening.. y'all have a good night and hopefully I'll get a chance to blog more in a couple of days!

Peaceout Girlscout

No comments: